Stark Raving Mad represents one of the best opportunities in the incredibly successful Swan 42 class of sail boats. Close to 50 Swan 42s have been built to date. Stark Raving Mad has had an impressive race record in 2011 and 2012. She has been well maintained and has new suits of racing sails in 2011 and 2012. At this time she is priced to be the next Swan 42 to sell.
- Infusion moulded E-glass/vinylester laminate with carbon reinforcements in selected areas.
- Sandwich with closed cell foam cored hull, with higher density foam in bottom and slamming areas.
- Fiber reinforcements are multiaxial and unidirectional.
- Structural bulkheads are of veneered sandwich construction or marine grade waterproof plywood. Watertight bulkhead at bow, drained fore peak.
- Bottom stiffeners reinforced with unidirectional carbon and multiaxial glassfiber in selected areas.
- GRP engine beds.
- Stainless chainplate deck fittings.
- Gel coat white hull.
- Steel fin with Antimony alloyed lead bulb and with upper flange recessed into hull.
- The fin is bolted to hull with high tensile steel bolts, epoxy coated and faired to class tolerances
- Single-point lift
- Foam filled rudder blade of GRP from female mould.
- Carbon/epoxy rudder stock
- Epoxy coated rudder
- An aluminum steering quadrant
- Vectran steering lines with chain and sprocket.
- The rudder bearings are self-aligning.
- Roller bearing sheaves.
- Twin composite pedestal integrated with cockpit sole.
- There are twin carbon wheels, diameter 0.95 m, with covers.
- A lightweight aluminium emergency tiller.
- Lazarette locker aft.
- Infusion moulded E-glass vinylester laminate sandwich deck with glass skins and closed cell foam core.
- High density core or compact laminate under winches and deck hardware as appropriate.
- Teak overlay on the cockpit seats only.
- Single cockpit with companionway forward
- Two tone gray color gelcoat with moulded in non-skid.
- Racing companionway sprayhood
- Removable anchor roller
- Hot and cold water deck shower
- Winches are all Harken aluminium alloy
- Primary sheet winches B60.3STA
- Mainsheet winches B53.2STA
- Cabin top winches B44.2STA
- Harken aluminium jib sheet tracks with purchase adjuster system
- Harken aluminium main sheet track
- Harken halyard lead blocks
- Single-line jib inhauler system
- Spinlock clutches
- Upgraded furler clutch
- Double tack fitting
- Bowsprit and furler controls lead aft under deck
- Pad eye both sides for outboard sheeting
- Crossover sheave for halyards on both sides
- Halyards and reef lines are led aft to the cockpit below deck
- Second set of cockpit turning blocks
- The pushpit, pulpit and stanchions are of stainless steel.
- The life lines are 600 mm high, with lower life lines at minimum ISAF/ORC height.
- There is one pair of removable mooring cleats at bow.
- Built-in GRP foot chocks for helmsman/tactician and mainsheet trimmer and built-in GRP foot chocks at center line in cockpit.
- Additioanl larger fitted foot chocks for the helmsman, mainsail and jib trimmer
- There is a boarding ladder aft and a flagpole holder on stern.
- Mast collar with rubber.
- The grab rails are on each side of coach roof and companionway.
- Headstay attachment on stemhead below deck for Reckmann furler.
- Two folding pad-eyes for harness attachment in cockpit.
- Safety lines attachment to pulpit and pushpit base.
- ISAF/ORC regulation toe rails (30 mm high) moulded in on the foredeck.
- GRP mouldings and vents
- Deck stowage on foredeck and in lazarette
- Lockers for storage in cockpit coamings on both sides
- Locker for storage in port side aft coaming
- Life raft stowage on deck at companionway (GRP cover)
- Forepeak stowage hatch
- One foredeck hatch Lewmar size 60
- One saloon overhead hatch Lewmar size 44
- One ventilation hatch in head Lewmar size 03
- Four fixed coaming windows
- Two openable size 1 coaming portholes - in aft, galley and navigation area
- Four openable size 1 coaming portholes in cockpit for aft cabins
- One hatch to lazarettte
- Main companionway sliding hatch garage flush with coach roof
- The main companionway consists of removable plexiglass drop boards.
Interior finish: teak with satin varnish, white GRP/canvas lining. Plywood floorboards covered with bamboo veneer locked down with Velcro. Overhead liner GRP moulding, bonded in place. Removable vinyl cover panels will provide access to deck hardware. Foam mattresses over Scandi-Flex battens. Curtains for side windows and handrails throughout. Canvas lee cloths for lower saloon and aft cabin berths.
Double berth with stowage under. Removable support structure for racing. Reading lights above the berth. Locker with shelves and doors. Shelves on hull sides.
There are aft cabins on port and starboard side (mirror image). Double berth. Stowage under berth. Shelf on hull side. Hanging locker in starboard side cabin, locker with shelves in port side cabin
Folding leaf table. Custom red bunk covers. Racing covers for bunks and table. Racing covers for floor boards. Settee backrests fold up and convert into Pullman berths, storage behind backrests. Tanks below settees.
Origo 6000, two burner alcohol stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard. Stainless steel double sinks with fresh water tap. Sea water system. Formica counter tops and sink cover. Drawer and lockers. Isotherm 12/24 volt top loading refrigerator 105 liter gravity drained with valve. Garbage bin.
Forward facing chart table with seat. Chart stowage under table top. Chest of drawers. Split door under nav station. Computer tray.
White GRP interior module with wash basin. Lockers outboards and doors in teak. Fresh water tap, shower, mirror.
Removable front part of engine box incorporates teak ladder. Service hatches. Engine control panel recessed in cockpit. 25 mm sound proofing.
PLUMBING and VENTILATION
- Fresh water 320 liters in polyethene tanks.
- Pressurised hot and cold water.
- Back-up foot pump for fresh water and Oras single lever mixing faucets.
- Flush mounted composite closing sea cocks for all through hull fittings below waterline.
- Jabsco Marine toilet, using sea water for toilet flushing.
- Y-valve in forward head, overboard discharge/holding tank.
- Flexible holding tank 55 liter/ 14.5 USg.
- Manual toilet discharging to holding tank.
- Tank emptied by hand pump or deck suction.
- Two manual and one electric bilge pump.
- Engine space air inlet from deck.
- Battery driven refrigeration unit.
- Volvo Penta D2-40 130 S marine diesel 29 kW 40 Hp.
- Propulsion system Saildrive 2.19:1 and 2-blade 17” racing folding propeller.
- 140 liter fuel in two polyethene tanks.
- Tank level indication for fuel.
- Volvo Penta spares kit
- Volvo Penta tool kit
- Shore power 110 V AC system
- 30 Amp shore power cord and inlet
- 110 V outlet at chart table
- 2 x additional 110 volt outlets with GFI.
- Inverter/battery charger
- Bottom of mast, shrouds and stays are grounded to the keel.
- 12 V DC insulated return system for lighting and general service
- Main switchboard 12VDC outboard of chart table
- Service battery of AGM type 12 V 2 x 160 Ah in saloon table base
- 2 x 12 V outlet at chart table.
- 4 x additional 12 volt outlets.
- Starting battery 12 V 50 Ah
- 115 A alternator with an electronic sensor
- Main distribution panel contains 12VDC gauges and 110 V AC gauges and circuit breakers, lighted.
- Red/green LED lights on pulpit
- White stern LED light on pushpit
- Steam light / deck light on forward side of mast
- Recessed halogen dome lights overhead
- Flexible chart light at navigation station
- Red light above navigation station and in galley
- Hella fans for each bunk.
- Spare LED running lights
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION INSTRUMENTS
- B and G Hercules 2000 system
- 4 x 20/20 B&G displays on the mast
- 2 x B&G multi displays, 1 each side of the companionway
- B and G multi display at the navigation station
- B and G autopilot with head at helm station
- B&G remote vision
- Envision flat screen at navigation station
- Icom IC-M422 VHF
- Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator DGPS GP-37
- Clear coated carbon fiber double spreader fractional rig.
- Windex with light and one coaxial cable.
- Mechanical vang
- Carbon retractable bowsprit in waterproof garage
- All blocks and winches for asymmetrical spinnaker
- Mainsail track for all OD racing.
- Combined mainsail luff groove and track system.
- Black painted aluminium boom and aluminium spreaders swept 20 degrees.
- Single line reefing arrangements for two reefs
- Navtec rod rigging with discontinuous shrouds, Series 500 deck
- Complete basic race set-up running rigging package. Some running rigging replace in 2011 & 2012 from Rig Pro including new sheets, halyards, running rigging, etc. New headstay (class conforming) in 2012
- 3 x additional jib sheets with "J" locks.
- Spare pair of spinnaker sheets with T8s
- Main sheet double ended
- Two spinnaker halyards at masthead and hounds
- Spare pbo centerline halyard.
- Spare pole control line.
- Flag halyard on starboard spreader
- Recessed Reckmann RS3000-S2 carbon furler with dual groove carbon racing foils.
- Holmatro hydraulic backstay system with two carbon control panels in cockpit.
- Holmatro hydraulic mast jack
- 2012 North Sails A1 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- 2012 North Sails A2 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- 2011 North Sails Main
- 2011 North Sails Light Jib
- 2011 North Sails Medium Heavy Jib
- 2011 North Sails A1 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- 2011 North Sails A2 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- 2011 North Sails A4 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- 2008 3DL Class Mainsail
- 2008 3DL M#1
- 2008 2A Spinnaker, AIRX 600
- 2007 3DL ClassMain
- 2007 3DL L#1
- 2007 3DL M#1
- 2007 3DL M#1
- 2007 3DL H#1
- 2007 3DL #4
- 2007 1A Spinnaker, NorLite 50
- 2007 2A Spinnaker, NorLite 60
- 2007 4A Spinnaker, AIRX 700/900
- 2007 Spinnaker Staysail, 1.7 oz. NorLam
- 4 x canvas cockpit line bags
- 10 life jackets
- Flare kit
- First aid kit
- Air horn